Thursday, January 18, 2007

Obsession...

So I'm usually a fairly normal person (ok...don't laugh ;) ) but recently I've become more than a little obsessed over a few things...

Like yesterday, I started reading Twilight by Stephenie Meyer (and, of course, finished it) and I honestly cannot stop thinking about it. I guess teenage vampire love stories really do it for me, who knew?!? I've even been to the authors website, which has only made it worse...because she has "soundtracks" to go along with her books...so now, on top of really, really needing the next book, I also need to steal all those songs off the internet (I mean, go to itunes and purchase them all in the legal fashion). Our library here has two copies of the next book but they're both checked out...so my very next thought is that I need to drive to Lexington where I could buy both books, and if necessary, I could read my borrowed Twilight over again to tide me over....it's straight up craziness, seriously...

The author is also an Orson Scott Card fan (so much in common, maybe I'm destined to write bestselling young adult novels...). If I haven't sold you on vampire stories, at least go out and read Enders Game and Enders Shadow. After reading those, I spent some time wondering whether I could call my far-off-future child Ender, without him getting beat up on the playground (unlikely). So when I end up with a dog/fish/houseplant named "Ender," you'll know why.

My other obsession, which isn't as new and not quite as scary, is Grey's Anatomy. I really never thought I'd be "that person" but I have honestly said things like "I really hope George and Callie get back together. They're cute together." I know they're characters. I know they aren't real. But for that hour, it's like they are, like there really is a hospital where all the surgeons are gorgeous and involved in crazy love triangles--I also love that Meredith snores (because all wonderful, intelligent, beautiful girls snore, right? ;) ) so, yeah...obsessed...

Two other obsessions:

Knee High Smartwool Socks with dots They're Smartwools, they're warm, they wick away sweat, they're knee high AND they have polka dots on them...it does not get better than this. I am currently planning to move somewhere cold enough to wear them everyday.

Fiestaware (my current favorite color is Peacock) but since I already have a set in Peacock, as soon as pay day gets here, I'm buying a turquoise set (so much for saving all my money ;) ) They seriously make me happy every time I use them. I had no idea it was possible to be this excited about dishes...

So there you go, a peek into my head...apparently it's filled with vampires, surgeons, socks and dishes...

No comments: