Monday, January 01, 2018

2018!!

My resolutions
Read 25 books
Try a new recipe every month
Keep a daily-ish gratitude journal


What I'm looking forward to
Women's March 2.0
Running with my new light-up vest
Paying off my car

What I'd like to try in 2018
Half marathon
Full Sprint Triathlon
Triathlon with an open-water swim
Watercolor painting
Needle felting
Making mittens with my Icelandic wool



2017 Resolutions
Was more politically involved than I've ever been
Read 23 books (not *quite* 30)
Photo 52-ish (missed several weeks, rebooted project a few times without trying to catch up)
Didn't make any progress with Spanish

Firsts from 2017
First triathlon
First (three) trail races
First 10K
Ran a race in a tutu
Ran a race as a mermaid
First Masters Swim Meet
Visited Madison, WI (and Oshkosh, WI, Mankato, MN, and Des Moines, IA)
Participated in a march (and then three more)
Attended a legislative coffee and asked a question (it's totally okay if your voice shakes)
Attended Pro-Choice Lobby Day
Competed in an adult spelling bee
Volunteered for the ACLU and Planned Parenthood
Bought a dishwasher
Participated in the FABRAD ride
Had a flat tire on my bike and fixed it (with help)


Favorites from 2017
@dog_rates and @dog_feelings on Twitter
Trail running and then pancakes on Sunday mornings
My GPS watch
Tater tot waffles (mushing frozen tator tots in a waffle maker = amazing)
Working dishwasher <3 nbsp="" p="">Decorate your own gingerbread camper kit
Being outside and out at the state parks way more than I have in years (another plus of triathlon and trail running)
Running in a tutu (and our snowman costumes for the Christmas Tree Skirt Run)




No comments: