Wednesday, April 26, 2006

SO EXCITED!!

So, I went out and got more prints and frames, put the prints in the frames, and now my photographs are all ready to go to the Arts Council booth at the festival this weekend. I'm so thrilled about how nice they look that I'm bouncing off the ceiling (this is the first time I've ever had a group of my photographs in frames and looking all nice)!

Just had to share...














A little about the pictures (because that's fun to talk about)...

Starting with the far left (with the lights and the water), this photograph was taken on a pier in Seattle. It was our second night in the city. It was raining and we were walking to a seafood resturant (which was just to the left of where I took this picture). I thought the lights looked really neat against the water and the gray sky, so I took one picture (got my camera a little bit wet in the process) and then followed my friends into the resturant.

The Flower photograph was taken in my boyfriend's Mom's garden a few years ago, I think. I love it, but I'm glad it's the only flower picture of the bunch--sometimes I get a little flower happy and end up with a TOO many flower pictures. (In college, my friends used to joke that I could have a whole photography portfolio of just flowers) ;)

To the right of that, is the Pack Forest picture, which is described a few posts down. It was a rainy, cold day to be walking around a forest, but I was in heaven (bad weather can make some of the BEST photographs).

The next picture, the fence, was taken last May in Wyoming...I once again had gotten the urge to take pictures in questionable weather (we were under a winter storm warning when I took this one). The picture was taken just outside of the town where I lived, and it's one of my two favorite pictures from my year in Wyoming.

And then the last picture, the rocking chair, was taken during my spring break trip to South Dakota, and, it's true that sometimes you don't have to go far for good pictures...this chair is on my parents porch (I've also got a picture of it covered with snow--needless to say I didn't get much of a tan while "spring-breaking" in SD) ;)

No comments: