Sunday, September 03, 2006

Happy Birthday to me!

Yep, I've been awful at posting...but I have an excuse! Earlier this week, John and I drove for 17 hours to get to my parents house in South Dakota (with only two wrong turns by me...State Route 55 towards Chicago is not the road towards my parents house ;) ). We've been playing with the puppies (with my parents' dogs and Erin's dogs here that makes five!), watching movies, eating out, and I think today may be marathon shopping day (yay!!)

And...on top of it all, yesterday was my 26th birthday, and it was just wonderful! We went over to the community center and got to do some rock climbing there, AND the community center also has an indoor pool with a great water slide-so I went down the slide four times =) I even got my dad to try it out! Later, John and I went to Dairy Queen, and checked out the awesome flea market here. Then it was present and dinnertime! =)

I won't go on about my gifts because that seems a bit tacky, BUT I am glad to say that, as long as Best Buy pulls through with some quick installation, we won't be listening to old U2 and Top Gun tapes on the drive home ;)

3 comments:

Kit said...

Wow, happy birthday to you! And hurrah for happy fun slides! I am so glad you had a good time.

Anonymous said...

So, I want the foggy forest path picture. 5x7 please. It would be ok if you put a mat with it too because I want your fancy pants signature so I can say "oh that picture? that was taken by this lovely artist abbie graham. see the signature? yes, graham, as in the cracker or the brenna. fancy pants artist lady happens to be my sister." but if the mat bit is too complicated or hard to do without a frame or whatever, you can just send the picture and i'll frame it and you can sign it someday when you come visit your lonely sister in kansas all by herself someday.

Abbie said...

hehe...I'll see what I can do...and I'm not sure that living in Kansas with your boyfriend and all of the Powell family counts as being all alone ;)
Love,
Abbie Graham, as in the cracker and the Brenna ;)