Monday, November 16, 2009
Halfway done (almost)
On Sunday, I finished the front of my Aran Accent Vest (my first ever non-sock garment!). I've been working on it (on and off) since August 15th, but I had to take a long break with the moving and new job (my brain was so fried I couldn't knit without messing up). I did have a bit of trouble with the decreases and one design element that I didn't go back and fix, but I'm really excited about how it's turning out. I think (hope!) that it's going to fit right. When I hold it up to myself, it looks like it will.
I'm really liking the yarn. The only drawback is that it makes the cables harder to see (but on the flip side, it makes any mistakes harder to see!). Depending on the fit and how the back goes, I may make the vest again in a solid colored yarn.
I also started some cabled socks, which I really like, and they make up for the Jaywalker socks that aren't working.at.all (size issues, even when I fixed the whole laddering issue). I may try the Jaywalkers again making the next size up, but I think I'm going to need a big, long break from them first.