Saturday, October 09, 2010

Fall pictures

I wanted to get some Fall shots this morning, so I went out to the Maloney Nature Reserve. It has a great nature trail, and it was a beautiful morning to be out there (just me, the crickets, and the mosquitoes).

My favorite shot from this morning



I didn't notice the little guy right away...and then I couldn't resist including him and his antenna in the shot.

It was almost like we were playing a game. As I circled around to get more of him in the shot, he would inch around the other way. I wondered how long we could've gone on like that.



I love fall colors but a lot of my pictures end up looking brown/gray/blah...this one actually had the look I was going for (YES!!)



Wildflowers




I got this one by putting my camera on autofocus and just shooting without looking through the viewfinder.

I get a lot of crummy shots that way, but every now and then, I get something I really like. And after thinking about every shot, and taking multiple shots at different angles, etc, it's nice to shoot without overthinking.

It also made it possible for me to get a really low angle without having to lie down in the mud (lay down in the mud? Ugh...one of those grammar rules I can never remember)

2 comments:

Sonja said...

I love, love, love the second picture. It's awesome.

Abbie said...

Thanks Sonja!! =)