Thursday, July 21, 2011

Piano (!!!) and camping



Last Friday, I got a call from my Dad. He asked if I was busy and then said I needed to go home because they were delivering a birthday present and I needed to let them into my house. Huh??

I drove home and saw the Habitat ReStore truck in front of the house, and my mom standing next to a piano bench (!!). It about killed the poor guys delivering it, but I now have my very own piano.



I can't remember the last time I was so surprised (as my sister-in-law puts it, it was like "little kid Christmas"). They'd talked about seeing the piano at the ReStore, but I hadn't gotten out to see it and figured it had already been sold (and it had - to them).



Then, after work that day, I went up to Gary, SD to visit John and camp out for the night. It was the first time in two years that I went camping and WASN'T responsible for other people's children - so much more relaxing ;)



We had a great time hanging out with his coworkers on the patio, riding around town in a golf cart, and camping. It's so nice to get to know where he works and the people he works with.

More pictures of the resort:





3 comments:

Kate said...

Hooray! Gotta love that family. What a fun surprise.

Unknown said...

I love the pic of Cooper. Yay Piano!

Abbie said...

Thanks guys! It was an AWESOME surprise...totally unexpected.

Mike - you should've seen Cooper. He was sniffing it and managed to press two of the keys with his nose - totally adorable.