Wednesday, February 09, 2005

me too! me too!

"My life has been an unending field trip. And I have tried not to be a tourist. But to be an adventurer, a traveler, an explorer, and a pilgrim." - Robert Fulghum from Maybe, Maybe Not

Yep, I've got a blog now too...just couldn't resist the temptation of letting the WHOLE WORLD (ok, maybe just a little part of the world) know what's going on with me. So what is going on with me? Well, today I'm planning on going to the library, picking up a book about writing cover letters (so I can stop writing ones that are super perky and cheesy), and papering Lexington, Ky with as many resumes and cover letters as I can in hopes that someone will take mercy on the soul of a poor English major and actually call her for an interview.

Why Lexington? It's an hour from the Red River Gorge (if I can remember how to climb after a year off, luckily backpacking is just walking so I should be able to handle that). I miss green things like trees, grass, plants...(most of Wyoming has more of a yellow brown cast, all year round) and I miss civilization....don't get me wrong, there are some really nice things about living in a town of 1,726 people...I know about half the town by now, I can walk everywhere, there's no traffic, the mountains are really beautiful, and I've done things I never would've in Ohio or Kansas (went to my first rodeo, helped at an ice fishing derby and a cross country ski race, learned to knit socks, went snowshoeing). It is a really nice place to live, really it is, but I'm glad its not permanent...and I mean no offense to all the wyomingites when I say.....4 MONTHS AND 18 DAYS!!

No comments: