Friday, July 02, 2010

Chalkboard Chevrolet



Tonight was the White Night celebration put on by the Madison Area Arts Council. I took one of my pictures to display and brought my camera to get a few more.

I had a great time--I saw a lot of people I knew (always makes me feel good) and met some new folks. I enjoyed the music, watching the kids play (even got in on two games of X's and O's in chalk on the middle of the road) and loved, loved, LOVED the chalkboard Chevrolet.

I spent some time talking to the owner, Cheryl. She loves Cavaliers (says they run forever) and she got this one for $500. It only had 78,000 miles on it, but the paint was all rusty. So she sanded it down, planning to spray paint it, but thought of chalkboard paint instead. She just painted it on Tuesday, so this was the first night it had ever been chalked on.

How cool is that?!?!



They also had bands playing-so I can take outdoor concert off my summer list!

No comments: